By Jay Hunter After sketchy start dates and unconfirmed reports, it seemed that Friday the 13th was back on it’s murderous track last week with the arrival of casting calls. But now weeks before it’s spring production start date, Paramount has shut the movie down.

Whispers of fresh trouble for the reboot surfaced when the studio yanked it – alongside the World War Z sequel – from its planned release slot. While Jason Voorhees was to have been stalking screens in October, the movie is back in limbo. No official reason was given for the brakes being put on pre-production, though one source told The Hollywood Reporter that the movie was simply not ready to go. It probably didn’t help that the studio’s attempt to breathe new life into the Rings franchise didn’t pay off as well as it might have hoped.

This news comes alongside the news that Paramount are also pulling the plug on their World War Z sequel. No clear reason has been given regarding Friday the 13th no longer going ahead, although sources told The Hollywood Reporter that it’s possible the failure of Rings gave the studio second thoughts.

It’s possible that the film just needed more work done to it – we never really got solid confirmation of a script and start date – so it’s entirely possible it’s just ‘one of those things’.

1 Comment »

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s